You know we're ready for a hot summer, but are you? And we all know just how hot East Idaho can get. Here are seven ways you can make sure your summer portrait session goes off without a hitch.
1. Dress appropriately. Summer means hot and humid weather, which can lead to sticky bodies. Choose breathable, lightweight fabrics that don't weigh you down. As for shoes, sweet flats or loafers are a great option.
2. Think about your hair. If you or a family member's hair reacts to humidity in a negative way, opt for a hairstyle that won't leave you feeling insecure. For example, a pretty braid or an updo is a good choice. Or you can wear a headscarf, or use a little extra product to keep frizz at bay.
3.Pack necessities. When packing your photo shoot necessities, we recommend bringing the following items: Lots of water for all, a snack for sustenance, sunscreen, umbrella for shade, water mister, makeup touchup.
4. Get creative with session ideas. Summer offers a host of activities that lend themselves to amazing photo sessions. For example, there's the fair (elephant ear, anyone?), the circus, festivals, and plenty more. I'd be more than happy to shoot a really creative session with you.
5. Think about head to toe details. For example, if you're wearing flip-flops or open toed shoes, you want to have manicured feet. If it's really breezy, a hat or scarf can keep things under control.
6. Rest assured knowing I won't let you overheat. Sometimes it's hard just to walk outside when it's scorching outside, but know that we're going to have an amazing shoot. We'll spend lots of time in the shade, dive into the cool A/C when we can, and I will never push your family into staying longer than they can or want.
7. Incorporate props. Outdoor summer shoots are loaded with imagery as is, but we can always incorporate a few props into the mix. Vintage step stools in a field look gorgeous, as do blankets, balloons, and even visually striking treats (lollipops, ice cream, etc.).
Hope you can come to our Open House. We are celebrating opening a studio in Idaho Falls Idaho. The only way this was possibly was from you guys help. We appreciate your loyalty so much and we want to let you get the first views of our studio.
The great part about this studio is that it has a large back yard and some front that is so green and lush with flowers and plants tended by a known green thumb! This studio and yard can accommodate Boudoir sessions in and out, Family sessions inside and outside, as well as any other photo sessions you might need.
Can't wait to see you there.
I love Shelley Idaho! I also love being a Shelley Idaho Family Photographer, Boudoir Photographer and so forth. I just can't get enough of the fun times and the great smiles I see thru the lens. Heres some fun photos that I've taken over the last year. Just a fun look back in time. #ShelleyIdahoPhotography, #IdahoFallsPhotography
If you’re on the fence about whether or not to hire a Full Service Photographer to photograph your event, consider these reasons:
Let’s say the event is a family reunion and you want to get a group photo of the whole family. You could do it yourself, but one of two things could happen then. A) You have someone take the photo for you, leaving a family member out of the photo because they had to take it. This could possibly offend that person or make them feel awkward for being excluded. Or B) You set a timer on your camera. This can be problematic because there are so many people in the photo that you will need to take several images to make sure everyone is looking and has their eyes open. You will have to take two to three times as long to get the photos done because you’ll have to keep resetting the timer, and you still might not have gotten the shot. Hiring a professional will eliminate all of this stress.
I don’t know about you, but I don’t want to go around all night taking selfies with my phone or camera with all of my friends and family members. I would much prefer to relax and enjoy the moment instead of trying to capture it. The quality of the photos will be much better than the selfies. Also, trying to take a selfie with a group of people is next to impossible when trying to get everyone inside the frame.
If the event is a birthday party, you don’t want to miss out on visiting with guests or helping your child open presents or cut the cake because you are too busy trying to take the photos. You want to be part of the action, not stuck behind the camera.
Another great thing about hiring a professional Full service photographer is that you don’t have to worry about editing and distributing the photos after the event is over. You just have to wait to receive them from your photographer.
Finally, it’s really a gift to have well lit photographs taking by a professional who preserve the memory of your event. Those images are going to be cherished by everyone for a very long time to come.
Come back often to find out about any current deals or events that are happening.