We've gone ahead and given you some tips to ensure your day is stress free and flawless for your spring session. Listen up!
1. Wear layers. Spring can be finicky in the sense that you can go from frigid to over heated in a matter of minutes. We suggest wearing layers -- tank top, tee shirt, cardigan, scarf, etc. That way each family member can peel off, or add, a layer as they see fit and remain comfortable throughout the session.
2. Location is a big deal. You better believe we're going to take advantage of the fresh, warm air and all those bud popping up from the ground and in the trees. If you have any favorite locations, let us know. We have a nice list on hand, ourselves.
3. Play into the colors of the season when choosing your family's outfits. Fresh pops of green, blue, pink and yellow are always a hit in the springtime. We recommend choosing a color theme for the whole gang, then slightly deviating from that with accessories to keep things interesting.
4. Speaking of accessories: wear them! Choose jewelry, scarves, or prints that play into the spring theme. Butterflies, flowers, insects, etc, can make for some super adorable family pictures.
5. Time it right. Book a session too early and you may miss out on those spring buds. Book too late and you've already wandered into summer territory. Keep an eye on the weather and give your photographer a call when the time is right.
6. Incorporate props. Spring offers some beautiful backdrops where props blend in perfectly. For example, old wooden chairs look stunning in a sea of blooming rose bushes, and a quilted blanket is lovely on the fresh, green grass.
7. Really think about your footwear. Spring can often mean a soggy ground, so flip-flops or heels are not the best choice. Instead, wear something that's comfortable and spring appropriate, like loafers, flats or boots.
Hope you can come to our Open House. We are celebrating opening a studio in Idaho Falls Idaho. The only way this was possibly was from you guys help. We appreciate your loyalty so much and we want to let you get the first views of our studio.
The great part about this studio is that it has a large back yard and some front that is so green and lush with flowers and plants tended by a known green thumb! This studio and yard can accommodate Boudoir sessions in and out, Family sessions inside and outside, as well as any other photo sessions you might need.
Can't wait to see you there.
What do you think of when you hear the term Idaho Falls Glamour Photography or Shelley Idaho Glamour Photography? Many people don't know what Glamour Photography is and whenever they hear that name they wonder some questions like; Do they use glamour makeup? Do they use shiny powder? Is it for Hollywood stars or commercials? Is for the up and coming stars making their way into show business?
Yeah, I know those are weird questions about the subject. But everyone has different thoughts about different genres of photography.
So, what is it?
Think of an underwear magazine. Seriously, that JC Penny magazine with the bra and underwear section, those photos of the beautiful women in the lacy or soft brazier, those are glamour shots! There are also other magazines. Think of commercial photos. Those can be considered glamour magazine photos.
According to Wikipedia, it is a genre of photography where the subjects are in erotic poses either fully clothed or close to or nude. Calendars, pinups, magazines.
Glamour photography has a different meaning to some people, so let me tell you about my version. Now, I'll have you think of a clothing magazine, think SEVENTEEN, clothing clad girls showing off the outfits for that season. Or Women's Magazines showing off the glorious curves of women in beautiful dresses.
We also do themed pinup shoots with trucks from the 40's and the matching clothing and makeup style to go with it. Those are always gorgeous and sure to please.
We always want our customers to be comfortable and enjoy every minute of their shoot, but we really want them to know what we do. If you would like to have a Glamour session with us, shoot us a message and we will get you set up for your very own session.
~Destiny with Ever Natural Photos
Bad Tan Lines/Sunburn – If you have not been tanning recently, don’t tan just before your session. You can get sunburn or really bad tan lines, which are not flattering in photos. Also avoid spray tans at all cost, as they tend to photograph poorly.
Getting drunk at your session – If you are nervous about your session, it’s OK to have a glass of wine to rest your nerves. That said, don’t get wasted before or during your session. This is one of the worst things you can do. Your eyes will be blood shot and droopy and it’s just a recipe for disaster.
Choosing the wrong sized outfits – Choose lingerie that is just the right size for you. You don’t want loose lingerie that gives your body no shape or hides your beautiful curves. On the other hand, lingerie that is too tight can be unflattering.
Heavy Makeup – We strongly recommend getting a makeup artist for your session. You don’t want to slather the makeup on too thickly. It’s more about accentuating your natural features and making you feel – and look – stunning.
Forgetting to shave/wax – Always remember to shave or wax any exposed area that needs to looks smooth and sexy. The ‘au naturel’ look is so ‘70s. Unless you’re going for that vibe, please remember this tip. Its also better to shave the day before, and not the day of your session, in case of any breakouts or razor rash.
In our Shelley Idaho Boudoir sessions, or even our Idaho Falls Boudoir Sessions, we want you, your wonderful clients, to feel incredible from start to finish of your session. This advice is only to help us serve you better and we hope that you follow them so that we are both on the same page for your session.
Can't wait to work with you!
~ Destiny with Ever Natural Photos
I love Shelley Idaho! I also love being a Shelley Idaho Family Photographer, Boudoir Photographer and so forth. I just can't get enough of the fun times and the great smiles I see thru the lens. Heres some fun photos that I've taken over the last year. Just a fun look back in time. #ShelleyIdahoPhotography, #IdahoFallsPhotography
If you’re on the fence about whether or not to hire a Full Service Photographer to photograph your event, consider these reasons:
Let’s say the event is a family reunion and you want to get a group photo of the whole family. You could do it yourself, but one of two things could happen then. A) You have someone take the photo for you, leaving a family member out of the photo because they had to take it. This could possibly offend that person or make them feel awkward for being excluded. Or B) You set a timer on your camera. This can be problematic because there are so many people in the photo that you will need to take several images to make sure everyone is looking and has their eyes open. You will have to take two to three times as long to get the photos done because you’ll have to keep resetting the timer, and you still might not have gotten the shot. Hiring a professional will eliminate all of this stress.
I don’t know about you, but I don’t want to go around all night taking selfies with my phone or camera with all of my friends and family members. I would much prefer to relax and enjoy the moment instead of trying to capture it. The quality of the photos will be much better than the selfies. Also, trying to take a selfie with a group of people is next to impossible when trying to get everyone inside the frame.
If the event is a birthday party, you don’t want to miss out on visiting with guests or helping your child open presents or cut the cake because you are too busy trying to take the photos. You want to be part of the action, not stuck behind the camera.
Another great thing about hiring a professional Full service photographer is that you don’t have to worry about editing and distributing the photos after the event is over. You just have to wait to receive them from your photographer.
Finally, it’s really a gift to have well lit photographs taking by a professional who preserve the memory of your event. Those images are going to be cherished by everyone for a very long time to come.
Come back often to find out about any current deals or events that are happening.