You know we're ready for a hot summer, but are you? And we all know just how hot East Idaho can get. Here are seven ways you can make sure your summer portrait session goes off without a hitch.
1. Dress appropriately. Summer means hot and humid weather, which can lead to sticky bodies. Choose breathable, lightweight fabrics that don't weigh you down. As for shoes, sweet flats or loafers are a great option.
2. Think about your hair. If you or a family member's hair reacts to humidity in a negative way, opt for a hairstyle that won't leave you feeling insecure. For example, a pretty braid or an updo is a good choice. Or you can wear a headscarf, or use a little extra product to keep frizz at bay.
3.Pack necessities. When packing your photo shoot necessities, we recommend bringing the following items: Lots of water for all, a snack for sustenance, sunscreen, umbrella for shade, water mister, makeup touchup.
4. Get creative with session ideas. Summer offers a host of activities that lend themselves to amazing photo sessions. For example, there's the fair (elephant ear, anyone?), the circus, festivals, and plenty more. I'd be more than happy to shoot a really creative session with you.
5. Think about head to toe details. For example, if you're wearing flip-flops or open toed shoes, you want to have manicured feet. If it's really breezy, a hat or scarf can keep things under control.
6. Rest assured knowing I won't let you overheat. Sometimes it's hard just to walk outside when it's scorching outside, but know that we're going to have an amazing shoot. We'll spend lots of time in the shade, dive into the cool A/C when we can, and I will never push your family into staying longer than they can or want.
7. Incorporate props. Outdoor summer shoots are loaded with imagery as is, but we can always incorporate a few props into the mix. Vintage step stools in a field look gorgeous, as do blankets, balloons, and even visually striking treats (lollipops, ice cream, etc.).
Need help planning your boudoir session in Idaho Falls Idaho? We’re here to help with these tips on incorporating your partner’s interests for a truly personalized photo shoot:
Sports – This is a popular one. If your man loves sports, bring some sports gear with you. For example, you could wear a jersey from his favorite team/player, or bring a ball, mitt, club, bat, etc.
Occupation – If your guy loves his job, try to incorporate that in your session. If he’s in the military, think dog tags, uniform, etc. If he’s a doctor, try a nurse outfit or lab coat. If he’s a firefighter – borrow his helmet and boots. There are so many options here. Some careers are more difficult to incorporate creatively, but we can even make an office job work. You can totally rock the button down shirt, tie, and briefcase. If you need help, give us a call or send us an email and we can help come up with something.
What does he love about you – Think about the things he loves – his favorite part of your body, traits you have that he adores. Maybe he loves your sassiness or playful personality, or how you are shy, sweet, etc. We’ll want to feature these attributes in your session. Does he love it when you walk around in his clothes? Bring some along for an added personal touch.
Fantasy – Does your partner have a fantasy? Surprise him by dressing up for your session. If he’s a big Star Wars fan and always wanted you to wear a gold bikini like Princess Leia, now would be a good time to break out that costume for some sexy sci-fi photos.
Hobbies – What does he like to do for fun? Does he play guitar, read comic books, paint? Bring along items from his hobbies. Is he a country boy? Bring a cowboy hat and boots. Does he enjoy carpentry? Bring his construction hat and tool belt along.
If you need help coming up with a theme for your session to incorporation your partner’s interests, contact us and we will brainstorm with you.
Are you nervous about your boudoir session with Ever Natural Photos? Here are some tips to help you relax during your shoot:
Just remember, here in Idaho Falls, Idaho, we love to embrace who we are and keep it natural. Lets empower each other.
here to edit.
Come back often to find out about any current deals or events that are happening.